• Small Town atmosphere where the downtown is still the heart of businesses
Waynesburg still maintains the same small town appeal, friendliness and charm of its past, your sure to feel nostalgic visiting.
• Within 25 miles of Morgantown, WV and Washington, PA, within 50 miles of
You'll never find a better location; you are within an hour’s drive of the regions most vibrant economic centers, as well as being that far from potential clientele that are willing to drive to you.
• Easily Accessible to I-79
I-79 is a major artery linking Pittsburgh, Washington, and Morgantown.
• Main Street KIZ zone is a great incentive to bring your technology centered
business to the area
Keystone Innovation Zones are determined by the state and were created to foster technology and entrepreneurship, if you are a technology related business within the Main Street of Waynesburg you could be eligible for a tax credit up to 50% of the revenues gained from the year you enter the KIZ to the next year.
• Façade grants available to update the look of your building
If you have a building in the Main Street of downtown Waynesburg, you might be eligible for up to a $5,000 grant for façade work, such as new windows, redoing a storefront or better signage.
• Over 167 Businesses employing a workforce of more than 600 individuals
In addition according to Dun and Bradstreet there are over 700 businesses within a three mile radius employing over 8,000 people.
• Open space available for development
Waynesburg has several open lots and land that can be developed into commercial property.
• Over 83% of the population has a high school degree or higher, and over 20% has a bachelor’s degree or higher (discludes students in college)
The benefits of a higher educated population, means a higher educated employee base, leading to dependability and quality workers.
• Has a world class institution (Waynesburg University) which has an undergraduate student body of about 1700 students.
Waynesburg University’s students are more than the leaders of tomorrow, they are also potential customers and employees that can add value to your business through internships. Waynesburg also holds events and learning opportunities to help you reach your educational goals.
• Main Street Program with a full time Main Street Manager to help you with your business needs
In 2004 Waynesburg Prosperous and Beautiful was found by funding through the Department of Community and Economic Development. Part of the main street program is the founding of a full time Main Street manager to help in creating economically viable programs and offer help to small businesses.
• Tax abatement program available for new commercial buildings
If you come to Waynesburg to build new real estate and are looking for economic incentives, real estate taxes are abated for improvement on the property for three to five years.
• Low Cost of Living and Doing Business
In addition to being closely located to America’s most livable city; Pittsburgh, the cost of living and cost of doing business in Waynesburg and the region is lower than the surrounding area’s.
• Waynesburg’s Rural feel allows you to enjoy nature as well as many recreational activities
Waynesburg’s scenic hills and rolling countryside is full of beauty and holds many recreational activities such as gaming and fishing.
• Full of History
When you come to Waynesburg your sure to appreciate our unique history from our unique architecture to our log cabin court house circa 1797, you'll also be able to appreciate our hiking trails and covered bridges.
Even with all our strengths, we still would love to further build our community and heritage by adding your business to our family